On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 06:53:17PM +0200, Henning Bobzin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to the LaTeX-world and wanted to ask for some help with a
> problem installing LyX for Mac OS X (10.2.8). I have already a working
> teTex installation and tried Texshop, which worked fine. Now I wanted
> to have a look at LyX. But when running the LyX-installer it stops
> saying "There is an error, please try again" (something like that, but
> in German).

Have you tried the version that Jason Woodard compiled?

  http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~jason/temp/lyx-1.3.4_macos-aqua-emacs.dmg

Also, I am wondering whether there is a problem arising from the fact
that you are using Jaguar (OS X 10.2.x) and trying to install a version
compiled under Panther (10.3.x).

Chris Menzel