Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Paul Smith wrote:
>
>> Are you meaning that I need the new LyX (the CVS one) to have tex2lyx
>> in my machine? Or can I get it separately?
>
> I don't think it is available separately. It is available via the CVS for
> the latest-and-greatest LyX.
>
> You should use it with the latest LyX because it generates a new LyX
> format.
>
>  Jeremy C. Reed

There's a misunderstanding there.

tex2lyx is currently bundled up with the lyx cvs sources. It could probably
be unbundled, but nobody has tried to do so.

It does generate LyX 1.4.x format files (current version number is 236, as
compared to 1.3.x's 221.) However, the lyx2lyx that is part of the 1.4.x
cvs sources will convert *back* to 221 format files. lyx2lyx is a python
script, so it is dead easy to package that separately.

Given that 1.4.0 is month's away and also given the vast superiority of
tex2lyx over reLyX, it would be a *good thing* to split things up. It
might be a nice mini project for somebody. Any volunteers? ;-)

--
Angus