On Fri, Oct 15, 2004, Juan Luis Chulilla wrote:

> I was not able to add any more latex class to lyx using the unix
> procedure (add class to tetex, add .layout file to lyx, Edit/
> Reconfigure. Finally today I have found that executing configure.bat
> and then configure in a console of windows, lyx reconfigure its latex
> entry (which has let me use beamer, i.e.)

For what it is worth, I didn't have any trouble adding the beamer class to LyX
for Windows, just using the usual Edit/Reconfigure path.  Study carefully what
shows up in the console when you do the Edit/Reconfigure ... that usually
signals what is going wrong, if there are errors.  Without knowing more about
what happened when you tried things the "unix" way, it's hard to be more
precise....

....dac