--- Jean-Pierre Chretien
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >>Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:13:00 +0200
> >>From: NOEL Yvonnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >>Subject: AMSBOOK in french
> >>
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I am playing around with the AMSBOOK class under
> Lyx, and have selected
> >>"French" as the document language. All the main
> entries (title,
> >>part,section, chapter..) are properly translated,
> but not some
> >>AMS-specific items such as "exercise" and
> "example" (which should appear
> >>as "exercice" and "exemple" in French).
> >>
> >>Does anybody know where this translation is
> managed (babel...) ? I think
> >>it should be possible to add some lines in a
> config file, but I am no
> >>lyx/latex guru :-)
>
> Here:
> /usr/local/TeX/texmf/tex/generic/babel/frenchb.cfg
> is the right place
>
> With TeXLive, tar copy to

/usr/local/TeX/texmf-local/tex/generic/babel/frenchb.cfg
> and edit there.
> Then run
> texhash
> (local changes will be preserved unpon dist.
> upgrade).
>
> Check with
> kpsewhich -format=cfg frenchb.cfg

Hello,
I tried the proposition of Jean Pierre, i didn't work,

the file is an example,
In my case I create my own AMS you can try it if you
want ( I changed something in the AMS class) these are
the files:

best regards

J espere que cela puisse vous aider

bela