Munzir Taha wrote:
> I removed my old LyX 1.3.3 installation with its .lyx folder but still
> facing the same problem. Any hint?

Read the error message:

LyX: Bad boolean `amsart-seq'. Use "false" or "true" [around line 6 of
file /usr/share/lyx/textclass.lst]

Ok? This file is part of your 1.3.3 installation. You have a choice:

1. Remove all of your 1.3.3. installation, enabling you to run 1.3.5 from
its local installation. Whereever you compiled it.

2. Install 1.3.5, which will overwrite the contents of /usr/share/lyx

3. configure --with-version-suffix, which will lead to 1.3.5 looking for
its stuff either in
        <path to compilation tree>/lib
        $HOME/.lyx-1.3.5cvs
or in
        /usr/share/lyx-1.3.5cvs
        $HOME/.lyx-1.3.5cvs
depending on whether you install the thing or not.

--
Angus