On 23.11.04, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Hannan Sadar wrote:
>
> >I would like to know if it can be done the following thing:
> >Define a style and use enumerate with out writing anything in the first
> >line.
> >
> >For example,
> >
> >Definition: 1. Bla Bla Bla
> >                 2. ...
>
> Attached a short solution. Ok, it's not exactly what you want, but it
> looks acceptable.

Another possibility is to use a Minipage for the enumerate. See attached LyX
file

Günter

--
G.Milde web.de
#LyX 1.3 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/

% Kompatibilitätsmode für die Packung epsfig (see grfguide.ps)
% \usepackage{epsfig}

% Ersetzen von Text in .eps files mit LaTeX Text
\usepackage{psfrag}

\date{}                           % avoid date

% Anzahl der Bilder auf einer Seite oben
%\setcounter{topnumber}{3}
% Platz für Gleitobjekt am Fußende
% \renewcommand{\bottomfraction}{0.5}
\end_preamble
\language german
\inputencoding latin1
\fontscheme pslatex
\graphics default
\paperfontsize 10
\spacing single
\papersize a4paper
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 0
\use_amsmath 1
\use_natbib 0
\use_numerical_citations 0
\paperorientation portrait
\leftmargin 2cm
\topmargin 2.9cm
\rightmargin 2cm
\bottommargin 2.9cm
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language polish
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle empty

\layout Section

Definition and enumerate
\layout Description

Definition
\begin_inset Minipage
position 0
inner_position 0
height "0"
width "100col%"
collapsed false

\layout Enumerate

first item
\layout Enumerate

second item
\layout Enumerate

third item
\end_inset

\layout Description

Next\SpecialChar ~
Definition
\begin_inset Minipage
position 0
inner_position 0
height "0"
width "100col%"
collapsed false

\layout Enumerate

first item
\layout Enumerate

second item
\layout Enumerate

third item
\end_inset

\layout Standard

You need the List style, if the enumerates should be aligned.
 Set the mark width to the longest mark.
\layout List
\labelwidthstring Very Last Definition

Third\SpecialChar ~