On Tuesday 04 January 2005 08:39 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, Rich Shepard wrote:
> > On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, Steve Litt wrote:
> > > I'm contemplating writing a book with 17 chapters and no parts. In
> > > other words, the highest level of the book is the chapter. I'd like to
> > > use the book document class because this is a book (expected to run
> > > around 150 pages), and because I have a lot of experience with the book
> > > class.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> >
> > Steve,
> >
> >    With regard to what? AFAIK there's no requirement for a book to have
> > parts.
>
> I agree with Rich, although I did use parts in my thesis I can't remember
> anything that actually forced me to use parts. Sounds like it's just a
> matter of *not* inserting a "Parts" environment :-)
>
> /C

In that case, my one remainig problem is tweaking my VimOutliner to LyX
program such that level 1 maps to chapter instead of Part. Or maybe better,
have the level to environment mapping be a text data file so any document
class could be accommodated.

I'll be modifying my program today. I had to change it to accommodate the
outliner's body text anyway.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG