I'm using lyx-1.3.5 on linux with the koma-script report class. The
preamble set up fancyheaders:

\usepackage{fancyhdr}
\pagestyle{fancy}
\fancyhf{}
\fancyhead[LE,RO]{\slshape \rightmark}
\fancyhead[LO,RE]{\slshape \leftmark}
\fancyfoot[C]{\thepage}
%\renewcommand{headrulewidth}{0.4pt}
%\renewcommand{footrulewidth}{0pt}

  (I got compile errors about the foot rule so I commented those out.)

  So far I've only begun the Introduction so I have only one page beyond the
title page. That page is numbered (right-aligned, not centered) as '3'. So I
pulled down TLC2 looking for the \resetcounter{page}{} command, but could
not find it. I did find a reference to \pagenumbering, but the compiler got
indigestion over that and spit it out. I also tried
\renewcommand{\thepage}{1} in a couple of locations around the first chapter
heading, but that too was violently regurgitated.

  I'm stymied.

  Is it something with the Koma-script report that doesn't accept the
fancyhdr or page renumbering? What have I missed here that neither the
fancyfoot or setting the first text page to '1' is working. What do I read?

Many thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President