Dear friends,
Thanks to the advice I got (see below), I am now able to access PDF output from LyX. Thanks a lot!

Shailesh Shirali

Dear Sirs, When I do "View>PDF" I get the following message: "Cannot view file. No information for viewing PDF (dvipdfm)."

Go to Edit -> Preferences -> File formats, highlight "PDF (dvipdfm)",
type "acrord32" in the Viewer slot (assuming you use Acrobat Reader to
view PDFs), then click Modify. It would be a good idea to do the same
for "PDF" and "PDF (pdflatex)" as well. Then click Save and see if you can now view PDFs. / Paul