I am using lyx 1.3.4 on Mandrake9.2.I downloaded the tex file from the
mentioned  site but it did not compile after it was imported in lyx. I
tried working out myself with following step can somebody point out the
error:

1) Use Figure Float.
2) After changing from caption to standard I inserted minipage.
3) Then Hfill and then again a minpage.
4) In the first minipage I inserted my figure and in the second the table.

On compiling the output  is figure and table one top of the other.

With regards,

Subir

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one.     (T. Jefferson or B. Franklin or