Ekkehart Schlicht wrote:

Colin J. Williams wrote:

Ekkehart Schlicht wrote:

It suffices to place a file lyx2lyx.cmd containing

@ <path to python>\python <path to lyx>\share\lyx\lyx2lyx\lyx2lyx %*

into the /lyx/share/lyx/lyx2lyx

You can use Ruurd Reitsma's python - no "proper" python needed for this.

I have put this on the WiKi.

Ekkehart

I've followed the guidance above. The .tex file is converted to .lyx OK but the resulting file is not loaded to LyX and I get a message "Can't find error conversion script".

The converter for Latex => Lyx is reLyX -f $$i

I am using Windows XP with LyX 1.3.5.

Any suggestions?

Colin W.

Sorry. It worked well for me. I have just converted an entire book from
rtf to tex (via rtf2latex2e.exe) and imported it successfully into Lyx - with some
minor drawbacks regarding graphics. I have the same converter
instruction and the same OS and LyX version that you have noted.
To identify the problem, so that the WiKi entry can be corrected:
Could you just create a lyx file with some text in it ("Hallo World")
and export it to LaTeX and then import it to LyX? Could you just tell me
whether this works?

I have a "full" python on my computer and simply tried (by renaming) to
hide it and use Ruurd's python. This worked for me. Maybe we need the
"full" python and delete the python.exe in Ruurd's distribution. This would
be the next step to try.

I think that LaTeX export and import are /absolutely /essential.

Thanks

Ekkehart

Ekkehart,

My project is absolutely trivial compared with yours.

Here are the three files which are generated from the process you suggest.

The error message I get is "Can't find the conversion script".

If I execute the relyx command, I get:

   C:\LyX\Tex>reLyX -f hello.tex

   C:\LyX\Tex>rem reLyX.bat  To provide command line access to reLyX

   C:\LyX\Tex>C:\Lyx\lyx\bin\relyx.bat  -f hello.tex
   reLyX directory is: C:/LyX/lyx/share/lyx/reLyX
   reLyX, the LaTeX to LyX translator. Revision date 2003/01/20

   Reading LaTeX command syntax
   (hello.tex: Splitting Preamble
   Creating LyX preamble
   Reading layout file
   Cleaning... Translating... Writing... )
   Deleting temp files
   Finished successfully!

When I attempt to open the created Hello.lyx, I get the "Can't open conversion script" message.

I have Python 2.3.5 installed and had deleted the Python 2.2 stuff from the lyx\bin. In view of you comments above, I reinstalled LyX 1.3.5 and then renamed Python23 to Python23Z. I get the same message.

Please let me know if there is other information I can provide.

Colin W.
# The reLyX bundled with LyX 1.3 created this file.
# For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 2.15
\textclass article
\language english
\inputencoding latin1
\use_natbib 0
\use_numerical_citations 0
\begin_preamble
\usepackage{babel}
\end_preamble

\layout Title

Hello
\layout Paragraph

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party.
\the_end
%% LyX 1.3 created this file.  For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.
%% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.
\documentclass[english]{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}

\makeatletter
\usepackage{babel}
\makeatother
%% LyX 1.3 created this file.  For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.
%% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.
\documentclass[english]{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}

\makeatletter
\usepackage{babel}
\makeatother
\begin{document}

\title{Hello}

\maketitle

\paragraph{Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party.}
\end{document}