Hi Ekkehart

Ekkehart Schlicht wrote:

Milos:

Thank you for your recent suggestion which may be very useful.
This is just to tell you that it does not work on my
computer (XP, LyX/Win qt 1.3.5) althougfh I have downloaded
and installed all files listed on the Wv for Windows
page (except libgw32c).
I get the message "I won't mmap that file, using a slower method"

I get the same warning, but the conversion works nonetheless. Please check if that's maybe not the same case with you.

If you could write instructions that specify the procedure
for obtaining a workable converter, this would be /very/
useful on Wiki.

I DID specify a procedure for a WORKABLE script (if the converter doesn't work you have to contact the wv developers), which works on two Win2k machines here. I installed wv using the single setup package (which installs all the dependencies), not individual files. I also installed in a directory with no spaces, i.e. D:\GnuWin32 and put D:\GnuWin32\bin in the PATH. Perheps you should try this approach. Try it from a command line first on a simple .doc file before you try it with lyx, we can better debug it there if here is a problem with the script.

You also need to fix reLyX and lyx2lyx so you have working LaTeX import.

Regards,
Milos