Rich Shepard wrote:
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

Can't reproduce the problem, so I'm guessing here, but maybe you inserted
someplace where LaTeX won't allow (more specifically, ignores) graphics? If you look at the LaTeX code, where does the graphic show up? It might
help to post a relevant chuck of the .tex file.

Paul,

  Aha! That got me looking in the right place, but I exchanged one problem
for another.

  Originally, the logo graphic was in a "title" environment. Displayed
nicely in LyX but not in .dvi or .pdf. When I change the environment to
"standard" the logo displays, but on a page ahead of the title and with a
header bar above it.

  When I tried this with Koma-script report class the logo ended up on the
page behind the title page, not centered at the top (or bottom, I really
don't care which) of the title page. Can this be done with a regular report
class document? And, why the a4 paperpackage when the page is set for
letterpaper?

Thanks,

Rich

Don't know about \paperpackage a4, but it doesn't seem to affect the LaTeX code that I can see.

Herbert Voss's tips page has a winner for solving the gratuitious page break. In the title environment, put a 2-row, 1-column table with no borders. Put the graphic in one cell and the text (as it is) in the other. I tried this and it seemed to come out ok. I've attached a modified version of the test file.

The horizontal separator after the title page still dribbles over into page 2, though.

-- Paul
#LyX 1.3 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 221
\textclass report
\begin_preamble
\date{}
\end_preamble
\language english
\inputencoding auto
\fontscheme palatino
\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\papersize letterpaper
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 1
\use_amsmath 0
\use_natbib 0
\use_numerical_citations 0
\paperorientation portrait
\leftmargin 1in
\topmargin 1in
\rightmargin 1in
\bottommargin 1in
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 2
\paperpagestyle fancy

\layout Title

\begin_inset  Tabular
<lyxtabular version="3" rows="2" columns="1">
<features>
<column alignment="center" valignment="top" width="0">
<row>
<cell alignment="center" valignment="top" topline="true" leftline="true"
rightline="true" usebox="none">
\begin_inset Text

\layout Standard

\begin_inset Graphics
        filename new-logo-grayscale.eps
        noUnzip
        clip

\end_inset

\end_inset
</cell>
</row>
<row>
<cell alignment="center" valignment="top" topline="true" leftline="true"
rightline="true" usebox="none">
\begin_inset Text

\layout Standard

Testimony
\newline
Presented to the ...
\newline
February 28, 2005
\end_inset
</cell>
</row>
</lyxtabular>

\end_inset

\layout Author

Dr.
 Richard B.
 Shepard
\begin_inset Foot
collapsed true

\layout Standard

President, Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.
 2404 SW 22 Street, Troutdale, OR 97060.
\end_inset

\layout Standard

\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard

\backslash
newpage
\layout Standard

\backslash
mbox{ }
\layout Standard

\backslash
renewcommand
\backslash
abstractname{Executive Summary}
\end_inset

\layout Abstract

wothe]=  kdkower erionarere new[nanern lsdrkjwo osidf
\layout Chapter*

Introduction
\layout Section*

Purpose of Mixing Zones