On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 08:13:41AM +1000, Matt Davies wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 14:32 -0500, Stephen Buonopane wrote:
> > >
> > > I would like to clearly distinguish between two sets of superscript by
> > > positioning them at successive heights/offsets from the baseline.
> > >
> > Math mode allows you to have multiple level superscripts, including
> > leaving a lower level blank. That might be a possible work around
> >
> > Hope that helps,
> > Steve
> >
> Thanks Stephen,
>
> True, unfortunately the subscripts don't appear to be distinct when
> printed as the offset is too small. I was thinking that there might be
> length(s) or measure(s) that could be reset within an environment?
>
> Matt

What do you mean by distinct?  Would following Steve's suggestion work
if you insert a space in the intervening, unused, superscript level?
I've been playing with it a bit, and can insert several levels of
superscripts between two numbers, giving quite a separation of the two
numbers.

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,