samar wrote:

Hello, Samar. Please don't start a new thread by replying to a message
about something else. Those of us who's mail readers are sophisticated
enough to group messages by thread are likely to miss your posts.

> Hi
>
> I have recently got a new machine with windows xp pro. Lyx ( Ruurd's
> port) installed and is working flawlessly with Miktex.
>
> However, I then decided to install the spell checker and did so according
> the instructions on the lyx wiki and  ensured that aspell and the
> language file are installed in c:\aspell.
>
> F7 when pushed gives a window box with the message "Spell Checker has
> failed" and then there are three accented letters which vary from attempt
> to attempt below the message.
>
> Any ideas on what can be done to install spell check. Spell check  works
> automatically in linux every time.

What messages are posted if you run LyX from the command line as
$ lyx -dbg gui

I'd expect to see things like:
    created pspell
    killed pspell
telling me that LyX is using the LibPSpell interface to ASpell rather than
the stand-alone ISpell-like executable that is guaranteed not to work with
LyX/Win.

I'd also expect to see the more general:
    spell setParams
    spell clearParams
    spell startSession
    startSession: speller exists