Martijn Brouwer wrote:
On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 10:09 +0100, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
I was asked by a colleague how to handle a MedLine search in order to insert selected references into pybliographer before piping them into lyx.

I do not know much about Medline searches, but pybliographer can handle medline databases. Pybliographer is really great software, especially

Sure, I did searches and they come back as expected. That's cool.
But since I don't manage to get only one result back, I'm confronted with e.g. 10 entries cluttering my database.

the graphical citation manager pybliographic (pybliographer also
includes some nice commandline tools).

That is what I use, but I did not manage to have multiple windows / reference databases in it.
What I know from the M$ world is one window to do your searches in, one window with your reference database, and you drag the relevant article out of the search results into your database.
Can this be achieved with pybliographic?

I have a 150+ article database (bibtex format) for my PhD thesis and
with pybliographic I can conveniently manage it, search articles and

Maybe I am just stupid - but isn't your bitex database cluttered with search results after a search?

Thank you for your opinion.
Best Regards
Simon