Uwe Stöhr schrieb:
> M.B. Schiekel schrieb:
>
>> I'm using eqnarray with fleqn. Fine.
>> Now I would like to reduce the vertical space before and after the
>> eqnarray. So I read in the LaTeX Companion, I should change \topsep.
>

> Don't do this, it will change the space between items in all lists of
> your document.

Thank you, Uwe,

ok. Then it might be better, to change \topsep and \partopsep only in
the eqnarray environment. Thus I've tried:

\makeatletter                              %
[EMAIL PROTECTED] =\eqnarray              %
[EMAIL PROTECTED] =\endeqnarray        %
\renewenvironment{eqnarray}%
[EMAIL PROTECTED] \topsep 0pt \partopsep 0pt}%
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        %
\makeatother                               %

but with no success :-(
So, all you LaTeX-gurus, could you be so kind ...

My aim is, to have in eqnarray the same vertical spacing as in equation!

kind regards bernhard

--
http://www.mb-schiekel.de/
GPG-Key available: GnuPG-1.4.0