Hi Everyone

The problem is solved by document class report. The thing I didn't notice is report has an environment called chapter, section is under chapter that's why I got everything starts with 0 (in article class there is no chapter so my "chapters" are set as section).

Thank you everyone especially Ananda.

p.s. it's a pity that in manual there is nowhere tells me which document class I should choose to do my job. I find the right document class by try-and-error and searching google, it took me a long time to get it right. I think most people come to LyX only when it is really necessary (e.g. if you have a dissertation paper to write ^_^), otherwise people will just use things like openoffice. It would be much more user-friendly if there is somewhere that tell people which document class to choose for their purpose or some guidelines on which document class to choose for some typical cases.

Regards
Alan.

R S Ananda Murthy wrote:

Alan Tang wrote:

Hi Folks,

I've tried to install everything I could think of (tetex-doc, tetex-src...). I am using Debian Unstable. Could someone please tell me which package to install in order to make that annoying Unavailable in font of Komascript-Book class (and many document class) away?

I've searched the keyword koma-script in http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_contents couldn't find anything I don't have in my system.

Anand, thank you for your reply.

Regards
Alan.

R S Ananda Murthy wrote:

Alan Tang wrote:

Hi Everyone I am writing my thesis paper using LyX.
Here is a small problem. I have a table of contents, and abstract, but if I choose document class as article, the abstract will try to follow the space left by toc, that result in my case, after toc there is a line with abstract then a new page with my abstract.
So I try to find a document class can start a new page for my abstract, book type does not have abstract, and most document type like article (paper) are stated Unavailable in front thus I can not preview. Report type can set the pages right but have numbering problem e.g. 1.Introduction becomes 0.1 and all my sections have 0 in front.

Anyone can help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Alan.

Use Komascript-Book class.

Anand

Hello:

Ensure that you have installed all tetex related packages.
Is your LyX working? If it is working, then, go to Layout --> Document ---> Layout and select Book (Komascript) there.
Contact me for further help if needed.

Regards,

Anand