Robert Thorsby wrote:
> Go and buy a (very thin) book on typography and style. The few dollars
> you spend will be the most valuable investment in your project. The
> time spent reading that primer will be the most rewarding research you
> have done.

I think that Steve knows that. However, I think the one cannot overemphasize
simplicity of changes. Particularly, why \upshape? and why in the world you
want to have any section in \footnotesize?! Section command should never
ever be smaller than body text.

BTW, if you want really good guide to the typesetting than I would strongly
suggest Phillip Taylor's articles http://www.ntg.nl/maps/pdf/19_10.pdf and
http://www.ntg.nl/maps/pdf/19_11.pdf . Really good stuff!

Matěj

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

The politician attempts to remedy the evil by increasing the very
thing that caused the evil in the first place: legal plunder.
    -- Frederick Bastiat