Hi James,

Not to sure how you got their but, I use the i-Installer path as it does not require fink and it loads all relevant packages with a upgrade path. Only Problem is it can be a hefty download for a dial-up.

Then the only issue after i-Installer has loaded all relevant files is to run LyX installer, then set up Aspell which again instructions are in the URL and BibTex or other for bibliography. Neither necessary but might be for some?

HTH