Kevin Pfeiffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| (my day for questions)
>
| I have trouble keeping track of where I am in Lyx and think it would be
| really nice to have line numbers available -- either on the left, or
| simply a current line number below the document window (like vim
| does). I

In the development code we have a paragraph number that is shown in
the minibuffer... but... that is not linear and would be hard to use
for navigation.

| know that these would be changeable and not correspond to either the lyx
| file line numbers or the final output, but it might help me keep track
| roughly of where I've been or am going. I know there are bookmarks but
| that would be overkill for this.

That is exactly it... you should use bookmarks for this. If you feel
that they are to heavyweight we should fix that. They are intended to
be really lightweight and easy to use.

| (One other question -- can one navigate from footnote to footnote? I don't
| see this in the menu.)

As in some "goto next footnote" command?

--
        Lgb