On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 11:03:29AM -0700, Stefano Franchi wrote:
> Is anyone here using LaTeX/LyX to produce syllaby for classes? If so,
> do you use a standard class, your own producced class, or just a
> template? I looked on Ctan, but could not find anything, and as I am
> about to start converting quite a bit of material form framemaker to
> LaTex I'd like to be sure I am reinventing the wheel.
> I am looking for a package that would provide environmentsand
> facilities useful to format  the standard sections of a syllabus:
> description, requirements, reading list, lecture list, etc.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

I use nothing special in the way of classes.  Check the preamble for a
few packages.  I use a table at the end for the schedule.  "ae" is the
font of choice for pdf exportation.

http://www2.bc.cc.ca.us/kvaughan/chem11/syllabus/SpringClassSyllabus.lyx

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,