[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> i love lyx, writing novels with it - but i just have not found any
> function allowing me to have lyx for windows save the window size and
> position i give it each time i start it: currently i have to do that every
> time again. is that function available? if not, may the developers please
> put it on the wish list.

It is crucial to know what platform are you on. If it is X Window (i.e., you
are on Linux, FreeBSD, etc.), then size of the window, its placement, etc.
are really not done by the application, but by a window manager. So you
should learn how to persuade it to make window of the size and location you
want (usually, the biggest WM offer in default configuration these settings
in the menu, which shows up after clicking on the very top left corner of
the window). The result is that window managers developed into much more
sophisticated tools than the toys which are part of M$-Windows and Mac OS
X. IIRC, -geometry parameter just makes application to politely ask WM to
set her window accordingly.

If you are on Windows, then the problem is that you have to persuade that
one developer who already fights with making LyX working on Windows to make
this work.

Best,

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

The function of the expert is not to be more right than other
people, but to be wrong for more sophisticated reasons.
    -- Dr. David Butler, British psephologist