Does anyone know how to use the case environment (note, not case*s* but
case - its available in the drop down menu under File). It *seems* like
something you could use for the different cases of a proof. However, I'm
having difficulty getting Lyx to seperate the cases without some text
between them. It seems like the only way I can do that is by placing some
text between them. Soon as I remove the text the two cases get merged. ie
suppose I want:

case 1.  x = 0
    give up

case 2. x>0
    try again

How can I create this without having to place some text between the two
cases?

cheers