I really like beamer but ....

Even when I run the supplied example: The Complexity of Finding Paths in Tournaments, I get the following error messages:

The new counter already exists  (this repeated 5 times)
step: Counter does not exist: lyxframend{}\subsection
(repeated 10 times).

Sumilarly with my own presentations. They work fine, but something minor is obviously going wrong with the counters which close frames when you start sections or subsections.

I had these problems before but did not complain because I was using an older version of LaTeX (from SuSE 9.1).

But now I have SuSE 9.3 which comes with LyX 1.3.5 and LaTeX 3, and the problems persist.

The SuSE distro, however did not install the beamer.layout file anywhere. So I put this in myself (from CTAN). Beamer now works from LyX (unlike on the earlier SuSEs where I had to install a lot of other dependent sty files and reconfigure LyX before it would run).

I expect that the beamer.layout file is the problem. Does anyone know where to get the kosher version of this file for beamer?

regards
John O'Gorman