Rich Shepard wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

In terms of scaling, if you want to keep the aspect ratio, about all I can suggest is that you set the width (rather than the height) to the width of
the column (or maybe a smidgen less).

Paul,

  Ta-da! Experimentation to the rescue. I took off the keepaspectratio and
changed the dimension from height to width. _Now_ they're readable. Whew!

  Learning the idiocyncracities of beamer and pstricks simultaneously, and
the intersect of the two, became rather mind boggling. But, now I think that
I have a handle on both of those.

Thanks for all the help,

Rich

I've had similar adventures. As you foretold earlier, all this stuff becomes reasonably logical after the fact. Beamer produces great output, and the manual is great, but somehow I'm always twisting my ankle in a 'chuck hole along the way. Just remember, repetition is the sincerest form of efficiency, or something like that.

-- Paul