In my bib-file I have an author who have written more than one publication in
a year. When citing these publications I would expect NatBib to handle it by
doing something like:

Sandsgaard, Janus (2004a)
Sandsgaard, Janus (2004b)

(this is what apalike does). But instead I get an error message:

        "Misplaced alignment tab character &.
        e=uk&category=11}
                      .
        I can't figure out why you would want to use a tab mark
        here. If you just want an ampersand, the remedy is
        simple: Just type `I\&' now. But if some right brace
        up above has ended a previous alignment prematurely,
        you're probably due for more error messages, and you
        might try typing `S' now just to see what is salvageable."

I have tried building my own .bst for NatBib (using latex makebst - thank you,
Jürgen!), and this one do the 2004a, 2004b trick.

But as I do not fully understand the .bst and all the questions I answered
using makebst, I do not feel confortable about using this home made one. I
would prefer something standard, and I can't imagine that I am the first one
to run into this problem using one of the .bst's that comes with NatBib.

Suggestions?

LyX 1.3.4
NatBib with author-year
plainnat

Janus

--
Roskilde University, Denmark.
Department of Technology and Social Science.