On 27.06.05, Jason wolf wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm a beginner of LyX. I am trying to use it to write papers for IEEE
> transactions and Conferences. I downloaded the LaTex templates from the
> IEEE websites. I tried to import them to LyX files. There are always errors
> when I tried to view it in Dvi or export it to PS file.

Sometimes not all special features of a LaTeX class are translated into a
LyX layout or the way the latex file is written just is not
"lyx-friendly".

> /usr/share/lyx/layouts/IEEEtran.layoutI am wondering how should I solve
> this or is there any LyX templates for IEEE publications?

On my Debian system I have with LyX 1.3.6 the files

/usr/share/lyx/layouts/IEEEtran.layout
/usr/share/lyx/templates/IEEEtran.lyx

The latter is the template and should be available under
File>New from Template.

Try this first. If there are still problems, pleas specify them on the
list or, even better, attach a short example.

Günter

--
G.Milde web.de