I'm using the memoir document class, and I need to do the following:

insert a graphic on the page, and next to the graphic write a short 2
line dialogue exchange- like this mock-up

<picture of dinosaur>
<picture of dinosaur>
<picture of dinosaur>         Look! Is that a brontosaurus?
<picture of dinosaur>         No- ir's my pet leek in pajamas.
<picture of dinosaur>
<picture of dinosaur>

I tried with a table, but I don't seem to be able to left-align the two
exchanges with each other, and I really don't want the cell borders.

To complicate life, while I'm writing at the moment I'd like to put a
standard place-holder in for the graphic, and number each occurrence
automatically in sequence. I'll insert the actual pictures later, after
completing the manuscript, but I'd want to number the occurrences at
this stage so as not to get confused, and ensure that the pictures
finished up in the right place. The pictures will all be the same size,
if that matters. Grateful as always for help.