----- Original Message ----- From: "Jean-Pierre Chretien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: 1.3.6 for Win

To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
From: Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:22:22 +0100

Jean-Pierre Chretien wrote:
Since lyx-1.3.6 reads tex2lyx output, the wiki page could be
simplified and suggest to replace reLyX by tex2lyx $$i >$$o in
Edit->Preference->Conversion->Converters->LaTeX -> LyX menu

I guess the tex2lyx.cmd scipt is not needed any more.

Indeed. And the tex2lyx package doesn't need to bundle lyx2lyx either.

BTW, tex2lyx seems to works fine if decompressed in C:\Program
Files\LyX-1.4

I wonder... Can tex2lyx read 1.3.6's textclass files? I.e., does it
work if you place tex2lyx.exe in C:\Program Files\Lyx-1.3.6\bin ?

Not tried, I added C:\Program Files\LyX-1.4/LyX/bin to the path and tried a very simple
tex2lyx conversion (one of the doc files).

You mean, just copy tex2lyx.exe in C:\Program Files\Lyx-1.3.6\bin,
forget the lyx-1.4 layouts and such of the tex2lyx bundle and go ?
In that case, you will able to ship it with the installer I guess,
with the lyxrc.defaults tuned to use it.

If that really is the case then that would be fantastic as it is clearly superior to relyx.

If you find it works can you let me know how to do it to save me downloading all the extra stuff, was literally about to do the tex2lyx addition so will wait a while to hear if I need to do the full thing.

Geoff