You could try to apply
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/lyx/lyx_1.3.4-2.diff.gz to your
unpacked source, chmod +x debian/rules, add a changelog entry with updated
version number in debian/changelog and then build .deb packages with

fakeroot debian/rules binary

If you do that and have a clean sarge install (I don't have one, otherwise I
would do it), please put the created .debs on
ftp.devel.lyx.org/pub/incoming. If you have any questions, pleae ask. If
you can wait a bit I can also send you an adapted patch for 1.3.6.

Georg

I tried to build a deb-package. No succees. I followed the instructions in F. Ronneburg:
Debian Anwenderhandbuch (manual).
After dh_make I tried to adapt the files in debian/.
With
./configure --with-frontend=qt --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3
in rules it is possible to build a deb with dpkg-buildpackage.
But one cannot install this package.
The same with a package which is build with alien from a rpm.
Sorry, but I do not know very much about building packages an compilling.
If someone knows where to find or how to build a lyx-1.3.6.deb for Sarge please
post it.
Thanks for your answers.
Gerhard