On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Jean-Pierre Chretien wrote:

> >>Anyway, if you re-start emacs, you should know be able to do
> >>
> >>    M-x lyx-open
>
> Here (XEmacs 21.4.14) I get
> Symbol's function definition is void: encode-coding-string

Hmm... it seems that function doesn't exist directly in xemacs. Someone
else did get it to work with xemacs though

        http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/EmacsModes/Compatibility

but it involved recompiling xemacs to install encode-coding-string :-(

However, I've tried to fix it by adding (require 'mule) to pmwiki-mode.el,
so if you like you try

        cvs update

where you installed pmwiki-mode.el and see if the new version work.
Unfortunately it doesn't work for me, I get a bit further but after

        'M-x lyx-open' LyX.Welcome

I get this error

        (1) (error/warning) Error in process filter: (error No such coding
        system utf-8\)

The big problem here is that the error comes from a module that I didn't
write - it's called http-get.el. I just use it to download the raw source
of a wiki page. So I'm afraid you'll have some problems getting this to
work in xemacs :-(

/Christian