Milos Komarcevic wrote:

Derek Lamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I have run texhash and LyX->Edit->Reconfigure, deleted my ~/.lyx directory and restarted, even reinstalled LyX just to be sure, to no avail. When I do LyX->Help->LaTeX Configuration, Section 1 says that "The LaTeX version that LyX will use is: ???" And every item in the document is followed by a "Found: ???". So LyX can't find LaTeX just because I upgraded my OS? To be fair, I never bothered to check what this file said before the upgrade, as everything worked fine.

I am now out of ideas, and any you have would be much appreciated. Reinstalling teTeX seems a bit extreme, since everything is here already.

How about, working as root:

# cd /usr/share/lyx (or /usr/local/share/lyx depending on your setup)
# ./configure

Look through the output, does it find the classes ok? Then run
LyX->Edit->Reconfigure as normal user again.

HTH,
Milos
Well, it didn't help in the sense of getting LyX to run, but it did help in further diagnosing the problem. The first few lines read:

checking for a LaTeX2e program... (latex latex2e)
+checking for "latex"... not useable
+checking for "latex2e"... no

So, I now have to agree with Paul that there is a problem with my LaTeX, not with LyX. So this should get classified as a Fedora bug (big surprise) rather than a LyX problem.

Thanks for the ideas anyway,
Derek