Jaroslaw> HI I'm using LyX version 1.3.6, Latin 2 encoding, Fedora
Jaroslaw> Core 3. I have problem with spell-checker in Lyx. It doesn't
Jaroslaw> recognize corectly words with polish characters. For istance
Jaroslaw> word "baƂagan" is recognized as two different word "ba" and
Jaroslaw> "agan". I checked option "Use input encoding" but it doesn't
Jaroslaw> solve the problem.

This is unfortunately a known problem, documented in bugzilla. There
is a bug open about it, but since bugzilla is down, I cannot give the
number. Our problem is that the heuristics we use to determine which
characters are potentially letters fails for latin2.

JMarc