----- Original Message ----- From: "Jane McKean" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 2:23 PM
Subject: Building 1.3.6 on SuSE 9 and SLES 8

Hi there:

We're working on building all of our LyX docs with the daily compiler
builds, which we do for a number of Linux platforms. The engineer who is
helping me with LyX here at PathScale tells me that the LyX part of
build failed on the SuSE 9 and SLES 8 platforms.
Here is the change he needed to make to get LyX 1.3.6 to compile on SuSE

Hope this is helpful and useful.

Thanks!

--jane

--
Jane McKean
Technical Documentation

I haven't noticed reports of Suse 9.3 having problems with LyX.
There was a report of Suse 10 beta2 having a problem with LyX,
but there was a large problem with the *tex installation and so it
was hard to tell how deep the problem ran.

I intend to download Suse 10 RC1, which is due out tomorrow,
and see if Lyx works with it. If there is a problem I will see if
your patch helps. Thanks for the consideration.