Pol wrote:
Hi,

I was not able to copy a file by drag and drop from konqueror into the lyx editor, since the non-ascii character in the file name (an accented letter, in my case) is erased during the procedure.
Is it possible to fix that?

Non-ASCII characters in URIs should not be used unencoded.

I don't know who is at fault here: the page author for publishing a page
with a non-ASCII character in the URI, or Konq for passing it on (or
not, as the case may be); hardly LyX, unless it was LyX that elided it.

I do not know if it is a lyx or kde related issue, so i am sending to both discussion forums.

Tell the author to change the name of the file to use ASCII characters, and all will be well. If they argue, tell them to read RFC 2396, eg
http://www.gbiv.com/protocols/uri/rfc/rfc2396.html#rfc.section.2.1

///Peter