In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Bennett Helm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> typed:
> On Sep 13, 2005, at 5:31 PM, Mike Meyer wrote:
> > I use LyX on both Unix and the Mac. The Mac version does a marvelous
> > job of looking like a Mac application (at least to my
> > not-very-mac-enabled-eyes), but it does so by mapping the control key
> > bindings to the command key. This means I can't use the non-Mac
> > bindings - especially the emacs bindings - an get the behavior I
> > want. This means it's a pain for me to move back and forth between the
> > two.
> > Can someone suggest a way to make the control key in MacLyX be the
> > control key, instead of the command key?
> I believe it's a Qt/Mac issue: only <Command> and <Option> are
> available for key bindings. (If I recall, it's possible to patch Qt
> to substitute <Control> for one of these, but I think it's a
> substitution rather than an addition. Can anyone correct me on this?)

It's definitely a substitution. If I use one of the other bindings,
Command-Key does what I expect Control-Key to do, and Control-Key does
nothing. If it had been an addition, I probably would have never
noticed.

Anyone got a pointer to the patch?

        Thanks,
        <mike