Sanders, Maarten (M.J.L.) wrote:

I am currently setting up a documentation system for our product (we
build process automation systems). We maintain about 35 installations,
all installations are more or less similar but still there an numerous
differences. Fot this I am looking to a nice solution for modular
content. I know about the version package and about the solution from
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg12544.html

if(unit1)
{Some text about unit 1}
else
{Some text about all units except unit 1}
if{NOT unit 1 OR NOT unit 3}
{Some text about unit 2 and 6}
else
{Some specific notes about unit 3 and 1}
etc.

this is not easy and LyX is not the right editor for this.
Attached a solution using the \ifcase macro for printing
only text for the units 1..20 (in the example only for 1,2,3

You can define things like
\def\unitI{ ... }
\def\unitII{ ... }

and then \unitI inside the case part for unit I which prints
the argument of unitI.

Herbert
#LyX 1.3 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 221

[...]