Paul> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
>> Use Insert>Short Title. I know the name is not very helpful, but we
>> have not been able to come up with something better. JMarc

Paul> I had no idea that worked. (I'd assumed that it literally
Paul> inserted *only* the optional short version of a title.) How
Paul> about Insert-> Option or Insert->Optional argument? Those are
Paul> sufficiently obvious that I suspect they were considered and
Paul> rejected for some reason.

Well, the idea was that we wanted to use that for sections and
captions, where short title made perfect sense. Optional argument only
makes sense if one understands the underlying LaTeX code.

Ideally, we should be able to set the string in the layout file, but
we are not quite ready for that.

JMarc