David Soukal wrote:

The package enumitem, David, may be of some help. Have a look at the
examples in its documentation.

Paul

Thank you Paul. I had a look at the package and it looks useful. However, I wasn't able to figure out what I should put as "label="...
I have no idea how Beamer creates the graphics around the items...

I'm again sorry to bring this thing up here.

David

I'm not sure enumitem will help -- it resets the format for an entire enumeration, not just for one item.

Your original approach may have some legs, although personally I would insert labels in the original enumeration and use cross-references in the explanation part for safety sake. (If you know you're never going to modify the first list, I suppose this is overkill.)

Without knowing what Beamer theme you're using, it's hard to know what the enumerations should look like. Can you post a LyX file containing a minimal example?

Paul