* Walid Maalej <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 2005-10-15 20:40 +0200:
> > Maybe the mla style is not installed on your system, you can get it
> > from CTAN mirrors. Just try a few other "Styles" from the drop-down
> > list (click on BibTeX Generated Bibliography to see it), most of them
> > create sorted output. You could try apalike.
>

> A I stated before I did not use BiBTeX for adding the Bib items. I just used

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood you. To answer your original question,
LaTeX relies on external programs for sorting, as it doesn't care
about contents at all.

> the LyX environment Bibliography. Idon't have any BibTex generated items
> (unfortunately) and I can't find any configuration dialog to input the
> style. Is it possible to write it explicitly in LaTeX?

Sure is. Use to \bibitem command in ERT, and sort the entries
manually. The second Google hit on "latex bibliography",
<http://www.duke.edu/~hpgavin/tutref.tex.html>, will show you what it
would may look like.

-Andre