----- Original Message ----- From: "Alexander Gahr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 11:03 AM
Subject: Add Function Aspell (was Aspell personal dictionnaires OsX 10.4.2)

Hm tried this before but gave it another try.
I installed lyx cocoaspell or aspell only.
Removed /Users/gahr/Library/Application Support/LyX this is the place
where in the apple installation the perferences are stored.

But i have the same problem i can't add word to a dictionary from within
lyx.

Alex

As I already mentioned this works for me without enabling Personal
dictionary within LyX. I did come across this advice under lyxrc:

# Specify an alternate personal dictionary file. If the file name does not
# begin with "/", $HOME is prefixed. The default is to search for a personal
# dictionary in both the current directory and $HOME, creating one in $HOME
# if none is found. The preferred name is constructed by appending ".ispell_"
# to the base name of the hash file. For example, if you use the English
# dictionary, your personal dictionary would be named ".ispell_english".
#\use_personal_dictionary true
#\personal_dictionary .ispell_dansk

This seems to suggest that the last two lines would need to be
uncommented appropriately in order to enable an alternate personal dictionary.