Hi everybody,

I've just installed Lyx and even though things went fairly smooth, I'm struggling with a bunch of minor issues. (Using the latest Lyx version, Mac OS 10.4.2, Powerbook with a german keyboard. Gerben Wierda's TeX, ghostscript8, Freetype2, libiconf, libwmf, ImaheMagick, cm-super packages, ran the Lyx Installer script)

- Lyx won't recognize the ^ key at all (as in x^3 for x cubed). It does recognize shift ^ though, which correctly yields ° on my german keyboard.

- Whenever I click View -> DVI nothing happens. Am I not supposed to get some kind of window displaying the Latex source code???

I'm planning to word process my math assignments (bachelor of computer science), so any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks again,

Max