_____/ On Wed 19 Oct 2005 19:42:31 BST, [Paul] wrote : \_____

PS: Please always reply to the list

I second that. I noticed a tendency to reply off-list. This leaves
gaps in the mailing list archives and puts off a subset of list
subscribers. css-discuss, on the contrary, adopted some different
habits. The main question to ask is "would the group or the World
Wide Web benefit from this response or is its scope too narrow?". For
the latter, in the case of Web site critique, there needn't be a
public message available as it is site-specific or refers to browser
bugs that are soon to vanish.

Maybe it's just my mail client, but this list seems to default for a
reply to the sender instead of to the list, unlike all the other lists
I've ever been on. I accidently sent a reply intended for the list to
the sender and didn't realise until a few days later. So maybe other
people have the same problem.

I  hope  you  didn't  find offence in that, Paul. The trick is  to  use  a
feature/widget  called "Reply to list" if your clients presents it. I per-
sonally  use  Thunderbird for mail (locally) and Horde for mailing  lists.
Experience has taught me how to reply correctly, having made some mistakes
in  the  past. If nobody pointed this out, you possibly would  never  have
learned. Think of it as a gentle reminder.

Best Wishes,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 111111 X 111111 = 12345654321
 7:55am  up 55 days 20:09,  5 users,  load average: 0.61, 0.49, 0.47