This is a minor point, but annoying nonetheless.

  When I invoke LyX, the environment choice button at the left of the icon
bar is small. As soon as I load a beamer document, that button expands to
consume about 1/3 the horizontal space in the window. This drives the macro
entry widget to the line below. All this in 1.3.6/qt on linux.

  Is this a beamer issue or something that I can control? I see nothing in
the Edit->Preferences->Look 'n' Feel menus.

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"