On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:29:32 +0200
Paolo Cavallini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 15:55, giovedì 27 ottobre 2005, Paul A. Rubin has probably written:
> > AFAIK, there is no way to dynamically link a LyX document to a
> > database, unless you are willing to write a script that queries the
> > DB and inserts the data directly into a LyX document.  (LyX files are
> > plain text with markup, so there would be no problem doing this.)
>
> Thanks Paul.
> This is interesting. Has anybody attempted to do something similar? It
> would be easier not to start from scratch, and avoid duplication (and
> of course, time is scarce...).

Hi all.

As a first (maybe small) step to ease this process, I would suggest the
following (for which I've felt a need several times):

Provide the possibility to import CSV files into a table in LyX, either
dynamically (like images), or as a first step, just on command.

Most, if not all databases export CSV, and it would open a wealth of
other possibilities, like import data from experiments, spreadsheets,
address books, etc.

Just .02$

John