Hi all,

I have a custom layout file (storybook.layout, defining the storybook document
class, which is derived from memoir). None of my defined LyX styles appear in
my environment list, even though I edit->rebuild, exited, and then
view->postscript.

The layout file is being processed, because I can put a bogus command most
places in the layout file and it will then prevent compile. However, if I put
it inside a LaTeX environment, it will not prevent compilation.

Anyone have ideas for how to troubleshoot this? The layout file is fairly
involved, and any error messages are non-useful, at least to me.

LyX: Unknown layout tag `Style' [around line 136 of file
~/.lyx/layouts/storybook.layout]
Error parsing style `TopNote'
Error reading `~/.lyx/layouts/storybook.layout'
(Check `storybook')
Check your installation and try Options/Reconfigure...
Layout 'TopNote' does not exist in textclass 'storybook'.
Trying to use default layout instead.

There is no word "Style" anywhere near 136. I put in blank lines before the
word "Style" and the error message did not change. I commented out the
Topnote style and nothing changed. And yes, I'm doing Edit->reconfigure every
time.

Any ideas?

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist
Webmaster
   * Troubleshooters.Com
   * http://www.troubleshooters.com