Am Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2005 00:05 schrieb Paul A. Rubin:
> Sanders, Maarten (M.J.L.) wrote:

> > I already found out things work again when I remove the image from the
child document OR when I adjust the page margins in the preamble instead
of with the menu options.

Very strange.

> > I am running 1.4.0pre2. Since I don't want to bug the developers with
this vague error and I have done so many not normal things to my
documents I rather try to find out myself first where things go wrong. So
my question is:

> > Where can I see what lyx is doing in the background when generating a
preview?

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Maarten
> >

> I would try starting LyX in debug mode (lyx -dbg all) from a command
> shell and see what messages turn up during the interlude.

This should read

lyx -dbg any

but gives very much info. I guess that in this case

lyx -dbg graphics

would be better. To get a list of all possible debug switches, type

lyx -dbg

Georg