Used todays cvs, opened a existing document.
(Written in british language, which is unusual here)
Wrote two lines of text, used edit->text style to give them
different font sizes & sans serif.  This is a customized heading.
Marked it, inserted a box(minipage) around it.
Noticed the silly blue line that indicates "different language"
appeared under text inside the box. Argh - not that again. :-(

Selected the entire box and some more
Used edit->text style:
Decided to "reset" language.
Lyx-1.4cvs died with this assert:
#### pasteSelection 0
Assertion triggered in void Paragraph::setFont(lyx::pos_type, const LyXFont&) by failing check "pos <= size()" in file paragraph.C:487
The document was saved.

Reloading the emergency saved stuff, I noticed the wrong language
was now gone, but the text sizes inside the box were also wrong.

The document was simple to fix, but I thought you'd like to hear
about the assert.

Helge Hafting