Charles> I'll paste a very simple example below. The LaTeX below
Charles> compiles but the 'First Paragraph' is not correctly indented.
Charles> The solution is to insert an empty line between
Charles> \end{quotation} and First paragraph to force LaTeX understand
Charles> that it must create a new paragraph after the end of the
Charles> quotation. I was wondering why Lyx is not generating this
Charles> empty line after quotation, quote, itemize, enumerate
Charles> environments ?

It is a bug, but I am not sure it is in bugzilla yet. What is
especially stupid is that the empty line before \begin{quotation} is
here... Ideally, it should be possible to have the two behaviours in
LyX (separate paragraphs or not).

JMarc